UK Tax Services
At GTN, we specialise in providing UK tax planning and compliance services to individuals moving to or from the UK, overseas nationals in the UK on a long-term basis, non UK domiciles, non UK residents, High Net Worth domestic clients and sports professionals, athletes and entertainers performing in the UK and overseas. Our consultants include members of the Association of Taxation Technicians and the Chartered Institute of Taxation, the UK's leading professional tax body.
Tax return preparation
We can assist with the preparation of your UK tax return and offer a comprehensive service backed by professionally qualified consultants with significant experience in UK and international tax matters.
Our specialist knowledge in tax preparation for individual clients enables us to apply the most tax efficient approach whether you are an overseas national working in the UK or a UK national working overseas. Our service includes:
- Review of requirements to file tax returns
- Obtaining Self Assessment tax ID number for tax return filing
- Review of Statutory Residence Test and application
- Non domicile claims and reliefs, including:
- Exemptions in respect of overseas income and tax efficient transfers to the UK
- Analysis of “remittance” versus “arising” basis
- Claims for “Overseas Workday Relief”
- Accommodation and subsistence claims for temporary assignees and mobile commuters
- Analysis and reporting of share based benefits, such as option income or restricted shares
- Foreign tax credit claims where earnings or personal income are taxed by another jurisdiction to prevent a double tax charge
- Tax treaty claims
- Filing of non resident tax returns for individuals with UK source income, including pension income, investments, rental income and analysis and reporting of “relevant” gains on sale of UK property
We can prepare your return quickly and efficiently wherever you are located. All documents are safely delivered via our Secure Client Portal and tax returns are filed electronically to HM Revenue and Customs, with immediate acknowledgement of receipt.
We offer fixed fee quotes based on the number and types of income sources to be reported and will always confirm our fee to you before commencing any chargeable work so that there are no surprises.
Tax planning when coming to or leaving the UK
It is essential to ensure that your tax matters are considered at an early stage when coming to or leaving the UK.
GTN can assist with arrival or departure consultations to discuss the key issues. A consultation would be tailored to a client’s requirements, however a selection of key areas covered would include:
- Review of tax residence and domicile position and implications on UK and overseas income and gains
- Registration with UK tax authorities
- Non domicile planning, including effective use of remittance basis
- Claims for “overseas workday relief” and correct structure of qualifying bank accounts
- Advise on remittances of income from overseas
- Assistance with filing of HMRC departure forms and non residence claims
Tax mitigation strategies
GTN can also assist with longer term tax mitigation planning for domestic clients, including:
- Pension planning
- Use of HMRC Enterprise Investment, Seed Enterprise Investment and Venture Capital Trusts
- Acquisition of property via appropriate structures, including family investment companies
- Inheritance tax planning and effective use of UK and offshore trusts
- Tax efficient remittances of income to the UK
- Tax treaty planing on the sale of a private company
- Contracting globally via personal service companies
For further information or to find our how we can help, please contact Richard Watts-Joyce on 0207 100 2126.